It’s not as simple as just ‘hitting a button’ but preparations are now well underway, the Valuation Office Agency are gearing up…
- The VOA are already sending out Forms of Return, which will capture the rental evidence to be used in compiling the new Rating List. Great care needs to be taken in the completion of these.
- An Order for the Antecedent Valuation Date is expected to be laid in the autumn 2014, specifying 1st April 2015 as the relevant date for England & Wales.
- After the election in May 2015, we anticipate that there will be a public consultation over the decapitalisation rates, leading to the formal confirmation of these around October 2015.
- Valuations will commence in early summer and are expected to be complete by end May 2016. This is important, so DCLG have an opportunity to develop and consult on relief schemes before the draft lists are published.
- Draft list publication on 30th September 2016 and rateable values together with a breakdown summary (and probably a rates bill estimator) should be available on www.voa.gov.uk from that time.
- Rating List compiled 1st April 2017.
Howard Elliott of bdt’ Rating Department will be happy to discuss any questions that may arise in relation to this important process.
Contact for further information:
Telephone: 01256 840 777
24th September 2014