Likely 2017 Rating Revaluation Timetable:
- AT ANY TIME – We can check the accuracy of your existing rating liabilities.
- 2015/16 – Forms of Return sent out seeking rental information. These should be completed with extreme care, taking proper advice.
- March 2016 – Chancellor to report back on reforms to business rates. These could have a far reaching impact on future liabilities and the appeals process.
- May 2016 – 1.8 million valuations (England & Wales) completed and passed from the Valuation Office Agency to the Department for Communities and Local Government
- Summer 2016 – Consultation on Transition
- 1st October 2016 – draft 2017 RVs available to view. These need to be checked carefully for factual accuracy.
- January 2017 – Government decides on Transition and the new multiplier is due to be announced. Budget estimates for 2017/18 can then be provided.
- 1st April 2017 – Revaluation becomes effective. The appeal process can then commence.
For further information and advice please contact:
Howard Elliott MRICS IRRV
RICS Registered Valuer
Director – bdt
Visit us online at: www.bdt.uk.com
Tel: 01256 840777 / Mob: 07957 464759